C. Pharr & Company is seeking a dynamic intern for fall 2016 to assist with a variety of accounts ranging from real estate and construction services, to education and corporate social responsibility. Sophomore and junior-level students studying journalism, public relations or communications are encouraged to apply.
Candidate must be a detail-oriented, resourceful self-starter with an understanding of media relations and AP style. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
Internship responsibilities include:
- Drafting and distributing media materials including pitches, media alerts, news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets and media briefing materials for clients
- Creating/updating media lists
- Tracking media coverage and updating clip logs
- Gathering and organizing editorial calendars
- Reviewing newspapers/industry publications for client mentions
- Assisting with the development and execution of plans, events and activities that support client communication goals and objectives
- Researching clients, client competitors or other subjects requested by team
- Assisting with social media planning and account maintenance for clients
- Drafting posts for CPC blog and social handles
- Attending occasional PR industry events and participating in seminars, webinars and other professional training
- Working within a client-focused team setting, interacting with all disciplines to get real-world experience and understanding of the collaborative nature of the agency environment
The internship typically runs Mid-September through early December. Hours are flexible based on class schedule.
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume and writing samples to Katie@PharrPR.com.