C. Pharr & Company Ink is known for generating meaningful results for its clients through creative public relations and marketing. Focusing on business-to-business communications, the agency specializes in media relations, social media, crisis communications, marketing, advertising coordination, planning and research.
We devise communication strategies that help clients achieve their goals through communications, increased business opportunities, higher brand awareness, changed attitudes and greater stakeholder support. Doing so, we build strong and trusting relationships with clients, communities and the media. Our clients value our counsel and support in meeting daily communication challenges as much as our help with long-term communication strategies.
C. Pharr & Company is built upon more than two decades of public relations and marketing communications leadership – a Texas leader known nationally for its business insight, strategic counsel and creative work with the highest of integrity. To learn more, visit www.PharrPR.com.
Dallas-based C. Pharr & Company Ink is seeking a dynamic intern for Fall 2015 to assist with a variety of accounts ranging from real estate and construction services, to retail and healthcare. Junior and senior-level students studying journalism, public relations or marketing communications are encouraged to apply.
Candidate must be a resourceful self-starter with an understanding of media relations and AP style. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, along with an eye for details and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment are musts. This is a great opportunity to work in a client-focused team setting, interacting with all disciplines within the agency to gain real-world experience and view the collaborative nature of the agency environment.
- Manage clip tracking and updating clip logs
- Create/update media lists
- Gather and organize editorial calendars
- Draft media materials including pitches, media alerts, news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets and media briefing materials for clients
- Review newspapers/industry publications for mention of clients and become familiar with industries of clients
- Assist in the development and execution of plans, events and activities that support client communication goals and objectives
- Distribute articles, media advisories, news releases, photos or other documents deemed necessary for the successful completion of client communication objectives
- Contact media to follow up on news releases or other media contacts in an effort to secure coverage of a client news item, activity, event, etc.
- Perform research on agency prospects, clients, client competitors or other subjects requested by team; this includes web research, in-person, telephone calls or other methods
- Assist with the coordination and development of databases, along with periodic updating
- Assist in social media planning and account maintenance for clients
- Contribute to agency blog
- Attend occasional PR industry events and participate in seminars, webinars and other professional training
- Work within a client-focused team setting, interacting with all disciplines within the agency to get real-world experience and views of the collaborative nature of the agency environment
- Other duties as assigned
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume with current GPA to Laura@PharrPR.com.