Tuesday, October 6, 2015

In The Pink Luncheon through the Eyes of an Intern


To kick off Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the C. Pharr team attended the In The Pink Luncheon hosted by one of our clients, Lake Pointe Health Network (LPHN), at the Hilton Dallas/Rockwall Lakefront. The event was a charity fundraiser to benefit community outreach, education and enhanced coverage for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer in the communities served by the LPHN.
Instead of spending the day at the office, I was able to attend the In The Pink luncheon with the team, where I got to play dress-up and take pictures at the photo booth. The photo booth was by far my favorite part, but it wasn't just me, the photo booth was a hit with everyone at the event! Then again, who doesn't enjoy bringing out their inner child?

As we ate the delicious, never-ending food, one woman took the stage to share her heartwarming story of breast cancer survival. It was powerful and spoke to every person in the room. After, a panel of medical professionals took the stage and answered questions about breast cancer screening, diagnosis and treatment from attendees. I can personally say that at this event, I learned more than I have in my whole life about breast cancer.
At the end of the event, they honored all of the breast cancer survivors and those currently fighting the disease with pink roses. All in all, we had a great time at the event and I was thrilled to be included in the experience.  
If you are interested in scheduling a mammogram in the Rockwall/Rowlett area, please visit http://www.lakepointemedical.com.   
This post was contributed by C. Pharr Intern Elizabeth LaMonte.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment